Storefront Signage is one of the most important elements of physical retail as it is the exterior signage that sets its first impression upon a customer. A well-maintained and attractive sign is trustworthy from a client’s point of view, but it also shows that the business cares about its brand and reputation, which speaks volumes about the quality they may provide. There are two popular exterior sign options for businesses and it is important to compare channel letter signs vs. blade signs.
When Are Channel Letter Signs Useful and a Good Idea?
Channel letter signs are 3-dimensional letter signs illuminated from the inside and generally mounted on a storefront wall or free-standing as a pole sign.
Some of the reasons why they are highly preferred are:
- High Visibility: If your business is in an interior area, this may be the best option because its extruded 3-dimensional shape helps customers find your shop from afar.
- Illumination: These signs can be illuminated from within, so they have high visibility even at night.
- Flexible Design: These can be customized according to your brand’s needs and message.
- Durability and Longevity: It is a one-time investment as it is made of durable materials such as acrylic and aluminum, both of which are weather-safe as well.
When is a Blade Sign a Good Idea?
Blade signs are a type of exterior projecting signage perpendicular to the normal traffic flow.
Some of the reasons why you should consider them for your business are :
- Blade signs are great if your business is in a highly competitive marketplace as it helps foot traffic identify your business.
- They have a classic and sophisticated look that distinguishes them from other businesses’ generic signs.
- They are two-sided, so they are very spacious, and they can also be used as navigational signs.
- They are durable and can be illuminated just like the channel letter signs, and they draw a lot of attention as well.
You can also consider this exterior signage to get maximum visibility from both motorists and pedestrians.
For more information about channel letter signs, blade signs, or outdoor signage in general, contact Vision Visual.